วันจันทร์ที่ 9 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2560

Course introduction

             9 January 2017, A Discourse Approach in Reading was the first class of this semester. I was still excited even i already met the teacher in last semester. Bad luck today as my gang wasn't fast enough to get the seats in the first row. We all got seats in the fifth row; it was very far from the whiteboard. I think i need to buy binoculars for this course. When we started class, the teacher explained about what we are going to study in this course. She told us that we are going to learn how to analyze, what the text is about and what the type of texts is. She also told us that we still need to use strategies from the last course.  She didn’t say much about rules because we all in class already knew it from last course but she still reminded us to pay attention to class.


art design pay attention pointing up
http://giphy.com/gifs/art-design-pay-attention-pointing-up-Jzfhu3jdz9rgI

        After that, she asked us to talk about our holidays with friends. My holidays weren’t so interesting. I just spent almost time at home, watching movies, series and cartoon but I went to bring in the new year by attending a prayer service at a temple with my cousins on  New Year’s Eve. The temple was in the mountain, there was no electric and phone signal so I couldn’t use internet at all but the weather was really good there, very fresh air.
Next, the teacher gave us the course outline. She also told us that we still have to write blogs like last semester.
After finish introducing course, she asked us do the exercises, the first one was about matching the following words with the correct genres of texts, it was very difficult for me because we hadn’t learned it yet so what I could do was guessing. In the second one was about complete the sentences of each paragraph by using the words in the box. This one was also very difficult but maybe I was good at guessing so I made only 2 mistakes in this exercise. The third one was about rewrite the sentences using the connectors in parenthesis. First, I thought it would be easy for me but it wasn’t as I made a lot of mistakes. Before finishing class, the teacher gave us papers and asked us to read it, it was about a list of discourse markers.

Today I’ve learned many difficult words and how to pronounce it correctly.
                                                                                                      1. Address (v.) /əˈdres/ : to give attention to or deal with a matter or problem.
2.Distinction (n.) /dɪˈstɪŋk.ʃən/ : a difference between two similar things.
3.Polygamy (n.) /pəˈlɪɡ.ə.mi/ : the fact or custom of being married to more than one person at the same time.
4.Polygyny (n.) /pəˈlɪdʒ.ɪ.ni/ : the practice of having more than one wife or permanent female sexual partner at the same time.
5.Pharmacological (adj.) /ˌfɑː.mə.kəˈlɒdʒ.ɪ.kəl/: relating to treatment that uses drugs.
6.Cardiovascular (adj.) /ˌkɑː.di.əʊˈvæs.kjə.lər/: relating to the heart and blood vessels (= tubes that carry blood around the body.
7.Respiratory (adj.) /rɪˈspɪr.ə.tər.i/ : relating to breathing.
8.Well off (adj.) /ˌwel ˈɒf/ : rich.
9.Notion (n.) /ˈnəʊ.ʃən/ : a belief or idea.
10.Merge (v.) /mɜːdʒ/ : to combine or join together, or to cause things to do this.
11.plummet (v.) /ˈplʌm.ɪt/ : to fall very quickly and suddenly.        

For me, I thought this lesson today was pretty difficult because there were many difficult words and the exercises were very hard for me but I could solve those problems by finding a difficult vocabulary in dictionary, asking my friends and asking teacher. I had a lot of fun in class today. See you next week. Byeeeee


movies snow winter bye waving
http://giphy.com/gifs/snow-winter-waving-VRolEcq3Z4axa



      

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น