วันศุกร์ที่ 5 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2559

.A healthy diet ?

http://www.treetopdisplays.co.uk/humans_and_growth.php

    1 August 2016, English reading strategies was the first class of this semester. I was very excited because I had heard that the teacher is pretty strict. When we started the class, the teacher introduced herself and gave us the course syllabus to make us know what we have to study, course description, objectives and contents etc.. The teacher also told us about “ class rules” There were 6 rules that we had to deal with.                                                                                                                              
http://giphy.com/search/follow-the-rule
1. be punctual 
2. Pay attention to the lesson 
3. Do not use cell phones in the class room 
( expect for study purpose) 
4. Do not cheat 
5. Follow dress code policy 
6. Listen while others are speaking or sharing  

After finishing introduced this course . The teacher let us discussed about what do we expect that we will learn in this subject . She also told us about Cambridge dictionary online. That was very useful for me because next time if I don’t know the meaning of vocabulary, I can search the meaning of that word and how to pronounce it easier. After that teacher let us brainstormed in topic “what strategies do we use in reading” and we found out 8 strategies that we used in reading the text.                                                                                                 
1.Previewing    2.Scanning   3.Skimming  4.Restatement   5.Guessing words meaning from content  6. Finding references   7.Making inferences  8.Predicting

http://giphy.com/search/read-a-book

After that we  did exercises. It was about distinguished healthy food and unhealthy food. Next teacher let us read the passage  “ No more junk food” It was about the government in England that realized about the number of overweight children in their country is too much high so they are going to ban junk food  from school cafeterias. I used skimming and scanning strategies to read text. While I was reading I found some difficult vocabularies that I didn’t know the meaning but I could solve that's problem by finding it in dictionary and asking my friends. After that teacher let us did a bit more exercises and one of those exercises was about Present continuous tense. It was easy for me as I ever studied basic grammar in last semester. This lesson was very useful because it made me know which food is healthy food or unhealthy food so I can choose which food is good for my health. Thank you for reading. Bye ! See you again next week. ♥
http://giphy.com/gifs/doctorwho-doctor-who-the-master-john-simm-kOnoObmFUE0k8 








1 ความคิดเห็น: