วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 3 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2559

read faster !

         31 October 2016, the teacher taught us to pronounce some vocabularies in correctly way by using  http://dictionary.cambridge.org/. It was a good website because we could listen how native speaker pronounced it. 

these were vocabularies that i have learnt.
1.Accuracy (n) /ˈæk.jə.rə.si/ : the fact of being exact or correct.
2.Semester (n) /sɪˈmes.tər/ : one of the periods into which a year is divided at a college or university
3.Oral (adj.) /ˈɔː.rəl/ : spoken and not writing 
4.Consistent (adj)/kənˈsɪs.tənt/ : always behaving or happening in a similar, especially positive, way.
5.Compulsory (adj) /kəmˈpʌl.sər.i/ : If something is compulsory, you must do it because of a rule or law.
6.Reluctant (adj)/rɪˈlʌk.tənt/   : not willing to do something and therefore slow to do it.
7.Behind (adv) /bɪˈhaɪnd/ : at the back.
8.Effective (adj)/ɪˈfek.tɪv/ : successful or achieving the results that you want.
9.Receive (v) /rɪˈsiːv/ : to get something.
10.Conduct (v)/kənˈdʌkt/  : to organize and perform a particular activity.
11.Acquire (v)/əˈkwaɪər/ : to get something.

After that, she gave us corrective feedback of homework that she assigned us last week then, she asked us a question about 
“How do we improve our speaking, listening, and writing skills ?” 
♥For me, I improve my by watching English movie, listening to English music, and sometimes reading quotes.   

And she also asked “How do we read in English?”.
♥For me, normally before i read i will predict what passage going to tell me from the title of the passage and then when found difficult words while i am reading in English. I will try to guess the meaning of that word from context and keep reading till finish but if i can’t even predict or that’s difficult word makes me don’t understand the passage, i will find it on dictionary.

After that, she asked us another question about
" what are obstacles to faster reading ? "
♥For me, Difficult word is obstacle because when i read in English and i found difficult words that i can’t even guess what does it mean, make me can’t continue reading, I will find it on the dictionary.


Next, She asked us to answer to see if we are a good reader.
“ Do you agree or disagree?”
1. A good reader always reads at the same speed.
2.You should focus on one word at a time.
3.You need to understand every word of what you are reading
4.You can only understand  a text if you read it slowly.
5.You should always read from the first word in a text to the last.
6.You should use a dictionary as soon as you come across an unknown word.
She told us if we disagreed all of those questions, we were being a good reader.
♥For me i agreed with Item 4 so that’s mean I still had to practice more to be a good reader. I have to practice to read faster. 

After that she gave us hand outs and started new lesson, it was about Read Faster.
She asked us to read the passage and think what’s the topic and summary of the passage. After that we had to read the passage about 
Obstacles to faster effective reading and to do exercise 1 and 2.
When we all finished, she let us took a break for 15 minutes. 


After that teacher let us do more exercises and then gave the corrective feedback when we all finished. 
For this lesson I used many strategies like, scanning, skimming, guessing word meaning from the context.

For me, I thought this lesson was pretty difficult because there were many difficult words and the exercises were very hard but I could solve those problems by finding a difficult vocabulary in dictionary, asking my friends and asking teacher. I had a lot of fun today. See you next week.


kids bye goodbye bai farewell
http://giphy.com/gifs/bye-goodbye-the-little-rascals-GB0lKzzxIv1te


ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น