วันจันทร์ที่ 10 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2559

scanning

         10 September, the teacher gave us handouts and asked us a question from the handout.  “ At which hotel can you have an international buffet dinner with jazz music ?”  So we had to use scanning strategy to  find a key word. A key word were international buffet and  jazz music.
                      
Next, the teacher told us what is scanning and how to scan. 
                                   
Scanning : A type of speed reading technique which is used when you want to find specific information without necessarily understanding the rest of the text or passage.
How to scan : 
1. Need to have a question in mind. 
2. Decide on a key word or expressions that will signal the needed information. 
3.Do not read every word or read only the word that answer your question. 
4. Need to read fast. 

After that the teacher asked us to work in group of five people and see which group will be the fastest. When we all finished, the teacher gave us corrective feedback. We kept doing like this for 2 exercises. Then the teacher asked  us to do the rest of exercises by ourselves and see how much time we took for each exercises and when we all finished, the teacher gave us corrective feedback. I found that when I used scanning strategy made me found the answer faster.

Today the teacher also showed us how to book a flight online. I hope I have a chance to book one later.

The strategy that I used today was scanning.

I liked this lesson because it was fun to find the answer of each exercises and tried to take time as less as possible but this lesson also made my eyes got tired a bit as I had to use my eyes to scan a lot. I think learn how to scan is good because it is very helpful when we have to do reading exam or we have to find the answer race against time. I had a lot of fun in class. See you next week.


http://giphy.com/gifs/90s-movies-FyGpoHioS4A92

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น